On our path for continued excellence in veterinary care, The Downing Center for Animal Pain Management has recently been awarded the highest level of accreditation (Gold Level) of a Cat Friendly Practice from the American Association of Feline Practitioners.
The Cat Friendly Practice Program was put in place to help veterinary hospitals and their staff meet the wide range of unique needs of cats. The accreditation standards each hospital must meet are determined by the leaders in the field of feline medicine.
The commitment each hospital makes to become accredited include:
- A commitment to learning ways to make the veterinary visit more pleasant for your cats and to help teach ways you can help.
- Creating an environment that is less threatening to cats and meets their specific needs.
- A staff that is knowledgeable on how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner, making interactions for exams and procedures less stressful.
- Maintaining a hospital with the facilities to care for visiting and hospitalized cats.
- Having the appropriate equipment needed to diagnose and treat feline specific diseases.
- A commitment to continued education on the special needs of cats.
- Values your contribution to your cat’s healthcare plan and helps you ensure they get the best care they need at home.
Here at The Downing Center, we understand that bringing your cat to the veterinarian can be a stressful event. By obtaining the Cat Friendly Practice Accreditation, we want to show our devotion to providing the best care for your cat and our commitment to creating a positive experience for both you and your cat.